BAE Systems is seeking a Strategic Capture Director to lead is responsible for long-term positioning and capture execution for key opportunities within the Integrated Defense Solutions line of business. The capture director applies competitive assessments, develops teaming and solution strategies, and delivers BAE Systems messages to key customer stakeholders. Leads development of opportunity win strategies, reflected in and executed through an approved capture plan. Leads a matrixed team of functional and support specialists throughout the engagement from qualification through opportunity closure. Works with cross-functional and operational teams to balance resource priorities to ensure continual, consistent progress through marketing, solution, staffing, teaming and pricing elements of the capture plan.
- Serving as opportunity “champion” throughout the business winning process, developing and presenting business case for pursuit prioritization to internal executive leadership team.
- Developing and executing strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities and collection of opportunities. Application of business winning best practices to capture current understanding of critical customers' program goals; assessment of competitive market; and translation of BAE Systems' winning strategy to development of proposed offering.
- Developing and leading execution of customer contact plans related to the capture pursuit.
- Performing leadership role in gaining an understanding of bid price sensitivity, applying an overarching pricing strategy to design-to-cost offering development reflected in an integrated technical, management, and price win strategy.
- Leading the development of an integrated offering and works with the assigned proposal manager to ensure win strategies and compliant offering are reflected in submitted proposal. Participating in bid decisions, the development of cost strategies and decision milestone reviews.
- Ability to work across industry to determine teaming strategies and represent the company in a high ethical manner
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts or a proven understanding of the customer's mission and the associated technical domains.
- Previous experience winning new business as a Capture Lead or Business Development Lead responsible for leading the strategy development and execution for a pursuit, including crafting the primary solution messaging for the customer and building the team for a winning solution.
- Must be capable of developing solutions and content (with subject matter expert support) for assigned opportunities with an understanding of bid price sensitivity, applying an overarching pricing strategy to design-to-cost offering development reflected in an integrated technical, management, and price win strategy.
- Presentation skills necessary to secure both customer and internal leadership buy-in for a particular offering or opportunity.
- Ability to work across industry to determine teaming strategies and represent the company in a highly ethical manner.
- Negotiation skills associated with industry engagements to build capture teams and structure teaming agreements with appropriate workshare based on the capture strategy.
- Developing and executing strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities and collection of opportunities.
- Familiarity with industry best practice activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins.
- Execution of customer and industry call plans to capture current understanding of critical customers' program goals and assessment of competitive market.
- Have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes.
- Active Secret clearance required to start with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience leading large capture efforts ($100M+) preferably in the DOD market
- Experience leading matrix teams in a disciplined best practice framework based on Shipley Associates methodology
- Ability to provide executive level briefings on project status and bid recommendations
- Ability to build market strategies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website