- Receives, stores and issues Government and Company owned inventory.
- Performs cycle counting activities
- Verifies accuracy of work and completes appropriate paperwork and computer transactions to ensure inventory accuracy and quality workmanship.
- Researches and resolves issues associated with various inventory activities.
- Safely operates various types of material handling equipment.
- Implements and maintains 5 S Principles and housekeeping standards in his/her work area.
- Understands and follows established safety rules and practices.
- Understands and follows established work instructions to assure adherence to ISO standards and MMAS requirements.
- Performs routine daily maintenance checks on material handling equipment.
- Performs banding, wrapping, tagging, etc. for the safe and efficient movement, storage and preservation of material.
- Dependent on assigned area, responsibilities and duties include some or all of the following:
- Packaging and crating functions associated with shipment of complex defense products.
- Interprets drawing and Mil Specs associated with packaging and crating requirements
- Complex rigging and movement of work in process material and finished goods.
- Performs complex material moves using bridge cranes, mobile cranes and fork lifts with >10,000 lbs. capacity.
- Leads and coordinates all complex movement of work in process material and finished goods.
- Uses computerized system to accurately document time and attendance.
- Executes assigned responsibilities with minimal Team Leader and/or Worker Leader assistance.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Basic understanding of inventory control principles and various material handling functions.
- Successful completion of mandatory fork lift training and possession of a valid driver's license.
- Understands and accurately inputs computer transactions associated with inventory management.
- Basic Excel and Email knowledge.
- Ability to consistently count accurately.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment used to move and transport material of all types and sizes, including a forklift with 10,000 lb. capacity.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, climb, walk substantial distances and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Capable of rigging cables, chains, or other equipment when moving heavy and cumbersome equipment. Must be proficient with hand signals associated with the rigging trade).
- Capable of performing packaging and crating functions associated with a shipping function specializing in complex defense products. Requires basic carpentry skills.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website