The Database Designer is an integral part of the Engineering Operations team in support of Combat Vehicles engineering leadership teams. This position can be located in either Sterling Heights, MI, or York, PA. Responsible to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate, and/or exploit structured data sets from various sources.
Additionally, candidate will:
- Consolidate data from across programs, functions, and businesses for use in reporting, analysis, and planning and maintains performance metrics.
- Use scripts, visual analytic modeling tools, and SOPs to make widely applicable procedures repeatable.
- Provides archival information as needed and support requests for program information. Ensure function/program data and analytics deliverables are completed in a timely basis.
- Ensure system consistency across business areas as it relates to data.
- Enforces analytics standards in accordance with BAE Systems governance.
- Liaison with other team members to improve current, former, and future applications to establish best practices.
- Optimizes the performance of data ecosystem; design, build, and integrate data from various resources, and manage data; writes complex queries, ensures ease of accessibility.
- Works vertically and across the organization to help ensure data and analytics coordination and alignment; identifying opportunities, challenges and barriers to success.
- Works closely with the Program Manager, Business Manager and Customer to ensure compliance with all data and analytics contractual requirements.
- Helps prepare, review, and perform analysis on Staffing Forecasts and Estimate to Complete & Variance Analysis reports.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Proven ability to work within teams in which your contributions are critical to success.
- Exceptional analytic skills
- Proficiency with analytic tools such as Visual Basic, MS Excel, MATLAB/Simulink, Mathcad, and MagicDraw.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with strong organizational and computer skills and ability to prioritize assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively compile data, prepare reports and presentations
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Management
- 2 years of internships or related work experience
- Experienced in Microsoft PowerBI
- Familiar with the development of relational databases
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website