BAE Systems is seeking a mid-level, experienced GMD Requirements & Verification Supervisor to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract. Currently in the pre-solicitation phase, an award is anticipated in the September 2022 timeframe.
They will have the day-to-day responsibility for supervising elements of the multi-disciplinary team that supports the GMD Program Office, as Lead Systems Integrator, in all aspects of the GMD Requirements & Verification program via their Integrated Digital Data Environment (IDDE).
The successful candidate must have Requirements & Verification and/or technical experience with GMD programs and MDA. He/she must have a solid understanding of the Requirements & Verification Program/IDDE. The successful candidate must have the ability to lead teams to uncover and resolve issues associated with the GMD Requirements & Verification Program and have the ability to communicate effectively at middle management levels of the Customer, Warfighter, and Company to articulate the Requirements & Verification mission needs and requirements.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous working experience with MDA in a Requirements & Verification management or technical role.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the overall GMD Weapon System.
- The ability to supervise multi-disciplinary and multi-contractor teams to ensure the objectives of the Requirements & Verification Program are met.
- The skills to identify interdependencies and plans for the Requirements & Verification Program.
- Knowledge and understanding of large scale, complex weapon system Requirements & Verification approaches.
- Experience with the operating policies and procedures for all management aspects of the GMD Requirements & Verification SITR responsibilities.
- An understanding of MDA organization, programs, processes, priorities, and initiatives, and program management practices including budgets, schedules, and related performance standards.
- Demonstrated success in being able to work across programs, organizations, and/or other stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
- 5 years of progressive Requirements & Verification or technical leadership experience
- Former experience with GMD and/or missile defense systems Requirements & Verification
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong task management skills, including experience managing teams/programs with special emphasis on meeting engineering challenges.
- Ability to develop Requirements & Verification related requirements and associated strategies
- Knowledge and experience working with the DoD's Requirements & Verification processes
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external SMEs and consultants, the Warfighter Community, and cross-organizational stakeholders at the mid-levels of customer and internal leadership/management
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master's degree in relevant discipline
- 10 years progressive Requirements & Verification management or technical leadership experience
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website