The Material Planner II will report to the Material Planning Manager in a strategic, high-growth, change-oriented, dynamic work environment. The Material Planner II will be responsible for the management of materials, oversee the flow of material from receiving to the production floor, and perform activities to ensure operational excellence, tracking and traceability of materials, collaboration and support of other functional groups such as Operations, Programs, Finance and Supply Chain. You will utilize our MRP system, support peers, interface with internal customers with respect to production planning, problem resolution, and process improvement, monitor and prioritize workload. If you are looking for an incredible opportunity to promote BAE's core values while protect our servicemen who protect us around the world, BAE Systems York, PA is the environment for you.
THIS IS POSITION IS FOR A 1ST OR 2ND SHIFT
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Detailed Analytical skills
- Strategic Problem Solving skills
- Time Management/multi-tasking
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good planning, time management , multitasking and organization skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database development programs (such as Word, Excel, Business Objects, and Access).
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Oracle Workbench experience a PLUS
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website