BAE Combat Vehicles is seeking an experienced Supply Chain problem solver for the role of Aviation Programs Material Liaison/Expeditor in our Phoenix, AZ facility. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for managing open orders and supplier issues for Phoenix Aviation and Aviation Spares programs during the stages between purchase order placement and receipt of material. Analyzes manufacturing, enterprise resource planning, and other material requirements based on needs of assembly demands, replenishments, substitute parts/materials, production set-ups, engineering changes and enterprise supplies. Resolves schedule, material requirement or business system problems with cross-functional representatives. Expedites orders while managing supplier metrics and working to maintain excellent supplier relations. Requires frequent short-notice travel, and high levels of interaction with both suppliers and all internal functions (Purchasing, Planning, Logistics, Shipping & Receiving, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Accounting, Finance, and Program Management).
- Develops and maintains relationships with key suppliers in furtherance of driving on-time delivery.
- Monitors suppliers to ensure contractual compliance, and fosters supplier communication.
- Collaborates daily with other internal BAE functions to drive resolution of issues preventing supplier on-time delivery.
- Develops solid understanding of supplier manufacturing processes for key parts and components.
- Coordinates with Quality to evaluate suppliers and determine improvement methodologies.
- Coordinates with suppliers to acquire expected delivery dates for releases against standing agreements.
- Updates ERP system to show accurate expected delivery dates from suppliers.
- Works with Planning to update ERP to accurate schedule part need dates.
- Provides input to Commodity Purchasing on supplier capabilities to assist in sourcing.
- Maintains records, charts, graphs, logs, and progress reports as directed.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
2-4 years experience in expediting, supplier development, supply chain, or project management
Must be capable of understanding the interactions between different functions, driving success across a matrix organization
Must exhibit high level of motivation, organization, attention to detail, and an energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
Must be technically knowledgeable and capable of grasping detailed concepts.
Must be a self-starter and have excellent leadership skills.
Must be able to communicate both verbally and through effective writing.
Strong MS Office skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
Ability to travel to supplier sites (estimated travel >35%)
Preferred Skills and Education
2-4 years of management/supervisory experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or Production Operations
Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Experience in expediting
Lean Six Sigma certification is not required but is preferred
Ability to read and interpret drawings
Understanding of DOD and/or aerospace procurement, ITAR, FAR, DFAR, TINA and other government regulations
Prior experience with Oracle
A “whatever it takes” attitude toward resolving problems and meeting schedule
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website