BAE Systems' F-35 Lightning II program has an exciting opportunity for a database architect.
The successful candidate will assist in the design and development of prognostic tools for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, with respect to Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) data.
The tool processes large amounts of flight data and executes data analysis algorithms to trend and predict when maintenance should be accomplished on the aircraft.
Candidate is responsible for Database administration and development (Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Packages, etc.) on Oracle and NoSQL database servers.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Must understand the full lifecycle of a software development program using an Agile development methodology.
- Must provide all database related support (requirements, implementation, integration, testing, installation, and maintenance) to all software on the database servers.
- Shall work with customers on requirements development and refinement as well as demonstration of database and software features.
- Must be able to maintain, troubleshoot, and debug the customer databases and data sources on a daily basis.
- Proficiency with database design, architecture, and development.
- Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and NoSQL databases, and be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts, including PL/SQL, and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
- Perform data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), provide user access to data, keep servers operational, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshooting assets.
- Experience with Distributed Systems, Multi-threaded systems, or Military systems.
- Proficient at defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Must write and speak clearly, and easily when describing complex ideas.
- Must have the ability to create and maintain technical documentation using industry accepted methods.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Robust skills for writing, developing, scripting, and troubleshooting SQL & PL/SQL.
- Extensive experience with database technologies.
- Ability to manually perform database tasks and management duties.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated for continuing research, training, and other education.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website