Craft Supervisor One - Yacht Supervisor
Required Experience, Duties and responsibility of this position.
• Required to have experience assisting in the development of Planning / Estimating / Coordinating and Schedules for the Overhauls on all types of yachts and commercial vessels.
• Required to have experience dealing with shafting and rudder removals, inspections and repairs, engine and diesel repairs, valve and valve operator repairs and yacht deck equipment such as but not limited to the following:
Various types of boat Davits (electrical and hydraulic driven)
Various types of Anchor Windlasses (electrical and hydraulic driven)
Various types Capstans (electric driven)
Various types of Deck Cranes, trolleys and door operators
• Required to have experience determining resource. (Safety / Labor /Material/Cost) needs and efficient allocation of these resources dealing with overhauls and repairs on all type of yachts ..
• Required to have experience developing and writing condition found reports including recommending repairs. Keeping up to date on coast guard Safety Regulations and accomplishing tag outs on board the both yachts and commercial mechanical items including reading blue prints, Tech manuals & Manufacturer's Drawings.
• Required to have experience as a Machinery Department Liaison to Customer Representatives and the project manager for the mechanical work being accomplished on board the vessels
• Required to have experience accomplishing overhauls on rotating and stationary equipment listed above including allocated with labor/material/budgets for these type of vessels.
• Required to have experience opening, inspecting, removing, trouble shooting, overhauling and repairing, aligning, operational testing all types of underwater shafting and rudders including blue fitting impellers, overhauling under water coolers and valves including their operators on board the ship and in the shop.
• Required to have experience accomplishing alignments including internal alignments such as bearing housing, packing glands, casings, electric motors and hydraulic equipment using reverse dual dial indicator alignment method and the face, rim alignment method, Alignment bar method, & Laser alignment method.
• Required to have experience fitting casings, bearing housings, packing gland housings & bearings.
Including having experience overhauling, operating, setting, & testing deck equipment electric and hydraulic governors, servo motors, high & low pressure safety trips, control linkages, coolers, heat exchangers, strainers including replacing tubes and rolling tubes if needed and overhauling all types of gear boxes, reduction gears and clutches on board all types of yachts and commercial vessels .
• Requires having experience overhauling valves, valve limit torques, cam operators and reach rods
• Responsible for supervising mechanical repairs and managing costs to ensure production and quality of all mechanical repairs performed meets specifications, costs, and schedules.
• Responsible for ensuring mechanical work is accomplished following appropriate procedures in the areas of production, accuracy control, safety, cost, and quality assurance.
• Responsible for maintaining all machinery and equipment repairs for specified operations, performance and optimum utilization as well as ensuring inspections remain current.
• Responsible to assist with all mechanical work and comply with 5S concepts throughout areas performed on board ship and in the yard.
• Responsible for ensuring the mechanics are complying with all environmental safety policies and quality standards.
• Responsible for assisting planners, managers, and superintendents with the mechanical work flow and strategy.
• Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and training mechanics to meet requirements of work items.
• Responsible for reviewing and maintaining the mechanical standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for resolving mechanical workers grievances or submits unresolved grievance to proper authority and responds positively and decisively in normal and emergency situations.
• Responsible for maintaining hands-on skills in order to flex between Supervisor and mechanic responsibilities as necessary to complete jobs on schedule.
• Responsible for notifying Craft Manager of unexpected changes in work scope, impacts of schedule, budget overruns, health or safety concerns and accidents or near misses.
•Responsible for putting in employees daily time insuring they have charged their time to the proper work item and approving the labor weekly.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Requires 8 + years of experience in the ship repair (mechanical yacht repairs).
• Requires 8+ years of shipyard related experience as a supervisor for overhauls or repairs of yachts and commercial vessels with proven problem solving and decision-making skills. (Mechanical yacht repairs) .
• Requires shipyard related experience as a supervisor overhauls and repairs with proven problem solving and decision- making skills. (Mechanical deck equipment) .
• Requires thorough knowledge of USCG, ABS and other guidelines and
• Require strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Requires 8+ years of experience in the ship repairs dealing with Yacht repairs on all type and size yachts.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website