Candidate will provide Process Engineering support for the Advanced Composite Manufacturing (ACM) facility, which produces complex antenna assemblies and radomes for the aerospace industry. The candidate will be required to support the manufacturing of complex assemblies in a production aerospace factory, which will include a wide variety of technical projects and assignments.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: Bachelors Degree required. Engineering discipline preferred but consider alternate degrees with corresponding experience in manufacturing.
1. Recommends and implements process technologies, lean manufacturing techniques and process flows to execute both production and development programs within the Operations organization.
2. Updates and maintains complex process instructions.
3. Supports ACM technical leadership, including technical assessments, value stream mapping/simulations, facilitation/space planning.
4. Provides technical support for risk identification and mitigation.
5. Day to day support of the production floor, driving defect reduction, root cause activities, and daily interaction with technicians and operators.
6. Supports the review, analysis, and implementation of corrective action on complex customer problems.
7. Able to understand customer requirements and help ensure deliverables meet cost and schedule requirements.
8. Provides guidance and leadership to factory technicians and support personnel.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Basic understanding of composite materials and related manufacturing equipment and processes.
2. Quality related background, including an understanding of AS9100D, auditing, FOD control, and root cause analysis .
3. Ability to develop tools using SharePoint sites, Visual Basic programming skills, Access Database experience are considered a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group's Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company ... BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Apply on company website