The master planning organization is a trusted business partner delivering information and innovative solutions for decision-making in order to deliver quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
A Master Planner creates and maintains complex detailed project schedules. These schedules guide program execution and serve as the baseline against which performance is measured. Working closely with a Program Manager and his/her Control Account Managers, the Master Planner documents the tasks necessary for successful program execution. In partnership with a Program Finance analyst, the Master Planner communicates to the program team the status, as well as makes predictions about future performance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of process-compliant program and proposal master, intermediate, and detailed schedules.
- Assists program management in periodic Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) updates and prepares reports for customer and/or business management personnel.
- Supports the team in monitoring program schedule performance and activities. Supports the implementation of work-around or recovery plans.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar; or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse work teams
Preferred Skills and Education
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Capability to communicate and present data to other functions
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website