BAE Systems is seeking a senior systems engineer with at least 10 years of engineering experience and at least 5 years of recent systems engineering specific experience in system design, system architecture and cloud architectures. The ideal candidate will be familiar with Open System Architecture design principles, architectures and design for the cloud, and facilitating design TEMs across distributed teams. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of enterprise applications, software framework for integration, DevSecOps, and tools capable of mission data processing in the Cloud. The candidate should be knowledgeable about network architecture and data management with system analyst skills, as well as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS implementation on a multi-infrastructure environment.
Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations and customer meetings.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status *
Salary Range: $136,620 - 232,210
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 10 year(s) related experience or equivalent experience, training and/or certifications
- Hold an active Top Secret clearance
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Demonstrated leadership skills (supervisory experience, building teams, mentoring, building customer relationships)
- Ability to negotiate effectively with higher level managers, functional managers, customers, industry partners, and teammates
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Experience with Cloud computing environments ( e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Experience with private cloud environments
- 5+ years of system architecture experience with enterprise software systems
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Agile development principles
- MBSE processes
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and processes
- Knowledge of open, standards-based architectures, interfaces and geospatial data
- 5+ years of networking
- AWS Certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website