Lead the Systems Design from start up through operational capability for a complex full IT engineering and installation project to build out a secure operations and support facility (SAOF) as the lead Systems Engineer. Analyze the user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures then develop system requirements specifications. Analyze system requirements and lead all design and development activities. Demonstrate dynamic leadership skills guiding users in formulating requirements, developing alternative approaches, and conducting feasibility studies. Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology throughout the project. Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develop system architecture and system design documentation. Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interact with the Program Manager and Government customers regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and associated problems, issues or conflicts. Responsible with the Program Manager for the technical integrity of work performed and deliveries associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
Specific service objectives are:
- Engineering and installation of all passive and active IT infrastructure to include equipment racks and in-row cooling solution; audiovisual and video teleconferencing systems; end user device connectivity; automated information systems; voice over internet protocol (VoIP); and unified communication systems.
- Logistics support to ensure accountability and turnover of equipment and materials IAW applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Program and project management support.
- Documentation of all installed cabling and systems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related field, or fifteen (15) years' equivalent experience; At least 5 years must be as a Senior Engineer.
- Meet all DoD IAT Level III Certification requirements for administrative access for solution implementation.
- Clearance: TS/SCI
Preferred Skills and Education
A working knowledge of system requirements analysis and solution design, to include systems engineering processes and standards. Experience with engineering documentation, including Engineering and Installation Plans, System Design Documents, and other technical documentation. Familiarity with IA controls and the Risk management Framework (RMF), including the development of System Security Plans (SSP) and other accreditation artifacts.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website