We are seeking a highly experienced Program Manager to support the US Air Force Life Cycle Management Center in leading the operational maintenance and sustainment activities of the Shared Early Warning System (SEWS) program. The SEWS provides ballistic missile early warning data from U.S. missile warning systems to foreign partners and their cognizant United States Combatant Commands.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager functions as the customer focal point and leads a multi-functional team responsible for overall system operational availability. A successful candidate will:
- Manage, coordinate, plan, organize, control, integrate, and execute the SEWS program and associated projects. Ensure achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives.
- Direct project activities or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives. Prepare project execution plans and identify technical and business resources needed.
- Conduct research in areas which require a high level of expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and some related fields. Maintaining knowledge in area of specialization and awareness of developments in the remaining related fields, including extensive contributions to proposal efforts when requested by management
- Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities and recommending alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations.
- Review status of projects and budgets, manage schedules and prepare status reports. Assess issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Participate in the support of new business and in the development of financial plans for the company.
- Attend conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity. Develop working group meeting agendas, preparing and consolidating briefing materials, meeting minutes, and answers to action items assigned by other agencies or organizations
- Model and demonstrate strong leadership in ethics, safety and security. Direct people-management responsibility is required.
- Perform other duties as required.
The applicant must currently have and be able to maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS with 10+ years program management experience
- MS with 8+ years program management experience
- Current Project Management Institute PMP or PGMP certification.
- Experience with DoD contracts and project management
- Knowledge of and experience with project execution through a phased process (Life Cycle Management) and the reviews and metrics associated with assessing LCM progress
- Previous experience managing programs with teams dispersed nationwide and internationally.
- Experience managing large-scale operational sustainment projects, with responsibility to meet cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Previous experience delivering logistics support services for geographically and internationally dispersed operations.
- Experience communicating with customers to understand operational requirements and translate those into project tasks, project plans, and performance metrics.
- Familiarity with maintenance and sustainment of mission critical data networks and network operations.
- Familiarity with missile warning operations.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to organize assigned daily tasks and the tasks of subordinates with no supervision
- Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, with high level of Excel and MS Project experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience managing teams/projects maintaining and sustaining integrated solutions for missile warning or other national security space mission systems
- Familiarity with Shared Early Warning System, Theater Event System, Global Command and Control System - Joint, Cross-Domain systems of record, and network equipment operation (switches, routers, etc.)
- Experience maintaining national security mission networks
- Experience in national security space operations and joint operations
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website