Join us at our brand new location in Cedar Rapids. BAE Systems is adding an upper echelon Engineering role to the team being formed in Cedar Rapids. If you have an Engineering background in EMI and EMC or have an interest in becoming an EMI engineering leader, then this is the place to be. Pilots may fly aircraft, but our navigation systems create the routes and keep those pilots on course. What are you waiting for! Come be part of the immediate solution in Cedar Rapid and "plant your flag".
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Navigation and Sensor Systems organization is a growing business area developing the next generation of advanced military navigation systems. The team is seeking an EMI/EMC Engineer to oversee and direct all internal EMI Lab activities, coordinate all new and existing EMI/EMC design efforts, mentor Design Teams in EMI/EMC best practices and to coordinate and facilitate all off-site qualification testing efforts.
The EMI engineer candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversight and management of the on-site EMI lab.
- Mentoring of EMI/EMC Best Practices to all Org Design teams.
- EMI design direction of the navigation products to meet product EMI/EMC requirements.
- Overseeing the design of EMI test equipment and fixtures.
- Ensuring accurate and complete EMI test plans/procedures/reports.
- Overseeing EMI testing, and lead troubleshooting of EMI failures.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with EMI/EMC test and troubleshooting
- Experience with EMI/EMC test equipment and filtering
- Ability to generate EMI control plans, EMI test guidelines, EMI test procedures and EMI test reports
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree 10 years of relevant experience are required.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Previous EMI Lab Management experience.
- Ability to define and implement EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- Experience in performing radiated and emitted analyses, and working with Zuken EMC Adviser tool or equivalent analytical EMC/EMI tool
- Understanding of MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-704 test procedures and methods
- Experience in developing and conducting EMI training and knowledge sharing method
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website