In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual revenue and material spend in the hundreds of million, procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program-specific requirements and specifications. Develops subcontracts in accordance with specifications, requirements, work statements, and terms and conditions. Lead activities of subcontract administration teams on assigned programs required for the sourcing of complex programs for material, software, and services. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts and resolves invoice issue. Follow and execute to established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the best value consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance and Cost/Price Analysis.
This role emphasizes supplier engagement, management, development and production ramp-up in addition to negotiating and ensuring compliance to high value/complex subcontracts. A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally, build mutually beneficial relationships, willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices and support new initiatives, including Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
• Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
o Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
• Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
o Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
o Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
o Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
• Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major subcontracts/purchases.
o Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
o Project / Supplier Management
o Financial Acumen
• Proven leadership and organizational change experience
o Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
o Excellent verbal and written communication
o Excellent time management/organizational skills
o Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
o Strategic/Critical Thinking
o Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 4 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
• U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
• Generosity of thought and knowledge.
• Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
• Secret clearance or secret eligible.
• Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
• Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
• 4 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
• Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
• Graduate degree in a related field.
• Contracts / Legal background
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website