The Combat Vehicles site of BAE Systems in York, Pennsylvania is seeking an experienced Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. In this role, the SQE will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. A self-starter and problem solver, the candidate will utilize analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Using strong communication skills, will ensure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports, and present findings. Utilizing supplier scorecards/metrics and analytical tools, will quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance.
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions;
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances;
- Perform source inspection of product at supplier locations;
- Perform and evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE Systems' expectations;
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working in the Defense Industry;
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality System;
- Auditing experience;
- Problem solving - Root cause / corrective actions experience;
- Knowledge of engineering drawings/GD&T;
- Highly effective communication skills;
- Motivated self-starter;
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft office suite.
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)
- Green/Black Belt
- First Piece Inspection/Testing
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Control Plans
- Oracle experience
- Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline and/or a CWI and/or two (2) years work experience, or the overall equivalent.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website