BAE Systems Intelligence & Security designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. BAE Systems has an immediate need for a highly qualified Senior System Security Engineer to support U.S Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Office and the Trident II D5 Strategic Weapon System (SWS) programs.
Key roles and technical responsibilities include:
- Provide subject matter expertise in DoD Program Protection with specific experiences with protecting critical information, technology, and components.
- Creation of required plans for successful execution of DoD defense acquisition programs, including Program Protection, Anti-Tamper, etc., in accordance with DoD 5000.02.
- Collaborate directly with government customers to create policy, process, and implement appropriate tools for architecting, modeling, and designing system security countermeasures including Anti-tamper techniques and technologies that can defend against adversary attacks.
- Work across organizational boundaries and lead teams to evaluate the consequence of compromise of Critical Program Information (CPI) and apply systems engineering experience to define the defense-in-depth approach that best protects the system's critical technology.
- Trained as an Anti-Tamper subject matter expert to support programs across the I&S Sector, while also engaging with other experts across BAE Systems.
- Demonstrate the leadership behaviors to effectively communicate, coordinate, collaborate, and work in a visible and proactive manner across boundaries to deliver positive results.
- Be a highly engaging, team-oriented, customer-focused, and self-starting individual able to respond rapidly to a dynamic programmatic environment.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Minimum education and years of relevant/related experience required; Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field (or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline) with at least eight years' of relevant/related experience. Highly desired, but not required: INCOSE Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification
Additional skills/degree required:
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering (SE) writing systems level requirements, architectures, and designs
- Performed requirements verification and systems integration testing
- Developed complex system algorithm
- Demonstrated experience with creating technical plans and creating/contributing to technical trade studies
- Knowledge and experience working in the Systems Engineering "V" Lifecycle framework
- Understanding Technical Processes (TPs) and Technical Management Processes (TMPs)
- Familiar with the Digital Engineering Environment
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Highly desired, but not required:
- Master Degree in technical field
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website