BAE Systems is looking for a Value Stream Specialist II (VSS) at their Nashua, New Hampshire facility. The VSS role is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, leading, and managing activities within a team-based manufacturing environment. Monitors indirect expense budgets and implements project plans and schedules, ensures product costs are understood across the value stream and are achieved, and implements process improvements through the development and execution of a comprehensive improvement plan. Leads Kaizen events and teams in an effort to make the company more competitive and more profitable. Responsible for all cost, schedule, and quality issues related to the complete value stream, inclusive of material, ensuring delivered products meet specified standards. Maintain an effective and efficient organization while effectively communicating responsibilities and objectives to employees. Select, train, and assign personnel to fulfill position requirements. Adhere to the highest standards of legal, ethical, and business conduct in relationships with fellow employees, the Company, suppliers, customers, and the public.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
The anticipated responsibilities for this position include:
1. Coordinates value stream manufacturing execution and engages with factory employees as well as cross-functional team members to ensure production builds are aligned with program milestones and customer delivery schedules.
2. Understands and ensures product costs are achieved within the value stream. Identify areas for cost take out and work with the manufacturing team to identify and implement plans to reduce or eliminate bottlenecks within the value stream. Possesses an unrelenting desire to identify and implement cost take out activities and engage in defect prevention activities.
3. Ensures key business metrics are achieved within the factory and drives corrective action when product costs are above targets. Utilizes data tools to monitor and develop actions to achieve quality, delivery and cost targets.
4. Maintains product flow and demand pull. Understand the concepts of factory layouts, line balancing, defect prevention and continuous improvements to ensure the most efficient flow is achieved.
5. Provide leadership to the manufacturing personnel by coaching and developing direct reports. Assures the manufacturing team members have the necessary training and the training matrices are updated. Understand the hiring process and train the manufacturing team members to fully participate in the performance development process. Identifies and resolves performance problems within the value stream.
6. Promote a strong sense of teamwork among personnel throughout and across the value stream. Provides leadership consistent with the Mission and Guiding Principles.
7. Serve as the focal point to communicate and resolve issues within their value stream and between other factories. Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary to ensure commitments are achieved. Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
8. Provide a single point of contact between Manufacturing and Operations personnel for providing status and resolving problems within the value stream. Presents Operations status to customers, Program Management, and/or Operations Management as required.
9. Develop a broad cultural understanding of the Lean process. Establish the visual factory and empower the manufacturing team to achieve a smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks.
10. Leads daily production meetings, and presents status of production programs in cross-functional team meetings.
11. Identifies errors and initiates corrective action and monitors the quality date to ensure the effectiveness of the corrective action. Supports corrective action reviews and participates in identifying root causes and corrective actions within the value stream.
12. Ensures compliance with all safety and health regulations stated by internal company policy and Federal, State, and Local applicable standards.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in implementing change in manufacturing areas.
- Experience with Lean Systems and/or Six Sigma
- Sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Prior manufacturing experience in defense and aerospace industry.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website