Summary and Qualifications:
This position is responsible for the routine management of all types of insurance claims for the organization. As a managerial role, it requires review and oversight of others' work, claim auditing and appropriateness of adjudication, and funds disbursement. Manages balance of claim assignments, diaries, notes and directly communicates and coordinates with external parties.
Responsible for early return to work program, safety trending, and monitoring of third-party adjusters and related vendors including Nurse Case Managers.
The Manager Worker's Compensation will report directly to the Director of Assets Protection.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Lead a team of direct reports, providing coaching, training and development.
- Responsible for the oversight of routine aspects of Worker's Compensation claims.
- Make recommendations on claim reserves with supervisor, legal, finance and TPA.
- Collaborates with attorneys and reviews legal correspondence regarding claims.
- Evaluates reserve budgets. Assists in comparing the cost to litigate against the claimant's demand for settlement.
- Manages all aspects of high-risk claims.
- Conducts Arising Out of Employment / Course of Employment evaluations
- Issues Critical Incident Notifications to supervisor and stakeholders
- Responsible for claim assignment to team.
- Responsible for data quality inputted into Risk-Connect by Specialist or outside party.
- Reviews files' Plan of Action and identifies claims requiring legal department's input.
- Helps hire/evaluate nurses and Field Case Managers.
- Assist workers compensation team to provide excellent customer service to our associates.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Insurance related field, Finance is required or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of five years' experience in general insurance and management is required.
- Claim compensability experience is required.
- Determination of liability experience is required.
- Ability to present ideas in a cohesive and efficient manner is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website