Banfield Pet Hospital in Capital needs a Pet Care Assistant!
Banfield Pet Hospital – #5233 Capital, 5501 Capital Blvd Raleigh, NC 27616
Pet Care Assistant Careers at Banfield Pet Hospital
For those who want to put their love of pets into action, there are few jobs more rewarding than that of Pet Care Assistant. While working closely with other pet health care professionals at Banfield, you'll have the chance to advocate for pets and educate clients on all aspects of pet health. In addition, if your goal is to advance in your career, you'll have access to a variety of learning and development opportunities along the way.
Job Description Summary: The Pet Care Assistant is a key member of the hospital team who supports and assists the veterinarians and veterinary technicians, and veterinary assistants ensuring the safety of pets, clients and other associates, and the continuity of quality veterinary care.
Preferred Education/Licenses: High school diploma is preferred but not required.
Preferred Experience: Must be 18 years old to perform duties involving radiographs and exposure to radioactive substances. One year of customer service skills also preferred.
A Day in the Life of a Banfield Pet Care Assistant: The Pet Care Assistant provides professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times, making sure that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital. You will use your technical skills on a daily basis, within state practice acts and as outlined in the NAVTA guidelines for veterinary assistant skills and duties. Other responsibilities include:
· Helping maintain the flow of patients
· Communicating with the veterinarian, vet assistants, and vet techs
· Carrying out or setting up procedures that do not require veterinarian, vet assistant, or vet tech assistance.
· Adhering to hospital standards that keep pets safe, and the treatment areas, exam rooms and labs clean and organized
· Educating clients about our Optimum Wellness Plans® and the importance of preventive care
· Maintaining a clean environment within the hospital and laboratory areas to provide continued support to the team.
Start your Banfield Career as a Veterinary Assistant Learn more about the impact you can make as part of a Banfield hospital team and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession at https://jobs.banfield.com/
Apply on company website