Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Sr. Specialist, Health, Safety, Environmental will ensure compliance of all hospitals pertaining to radiology, x-ray machines, and state/federal OSHA requirements for a veterinary practice. This position will partner with hospital and field leadership to design and implement new programs to align with regulatory changes and address areas for improvement.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- In partnership with hospital leadership, administer the Banfield Health & Safety program to drive compliance with all related state/federal requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders to build and execute programs and initiatives in the areas of radiation safety, laser safety, environmental waste, and OSHA
- Administer and manage relationship with vendors, including timely address service issues and monitor budgets.
- Partner with key stakeholder to develop and launch training modules and resources.
- Oversee electronic health and safety assessment program including aggregating results and communicating wins and opportunities with field leadership
- Design and conduct various audits to confirm effectiveness of regulatory compliance programs, including analyzing results and communicating with field leaders
- Serve as a technical expert to the Practice for state, federal and local laws and regulations regarding radiography, waste, and state/federal OSHA guidelines in a veterinary practice (including new hospital openings and acquisitions)
- Respond to inspections by applicable state officials, working with the hospital leadership and agency regulators to resolve inspection issues.
- Research, write and update guides on regulations for all hospital locations.
- Partner with Sr. Manager Regulatory Compliance and Practice Compliance Officer to research current regulations as well as monitor and communicate regulatory changes; developing and revising programs to comply with changes where needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in professional health, safety and environment is required.
- Project Management Experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and local licensing requirements in a health-related field, or the ability to conduct high levels of research related to compliance is required; knowledge of regional and national radiation compliance is preferred is preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website