If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
Summary and Qualifications:
Manage, coach and mentor payroll coordinators; play an integral role in the development process of a strong functioning team.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage a team of payroll associates, monitoring workloads and coverage during absences.
- Manage team in all aspects including performance and development utilizing the Mars Signature processes.
- Oversee procedures, schedules, and streamlining of workflow with payroll coordinators, delegating to ensure even distribution of tasks and duties.
- Develop and improve payroll processes and best practices under the guidance of the Sr. Payroll Manager.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of standard operating procedures, thoroughly documenting payroll processes; defining roles and responsibilities; and creating desktop procedures.
- Assist Sr. Payroll Manager on complex payroll projects, as needed.
- Provide professional, efficient, and exceptional service and ensure all payroll coordinators do the same. Resolve elevated customer service calls.
- Develop performance metrics for measuring the success of the team.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred.
- Four years of experience in Payroll Management are required.
- Demonstrated ability in team building is required.
- Knowledge of Federal and State payroll regulations, policies, and state laws are required.
- Experience with a large (10,000) multi-state, bi-weekly payroll process, with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website