*This will be a remote role based out of the Midwest region (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Missouri, etc.).*
Summary and Qualifications:
The Sr. Manager, Real Estate Site Selection will work closely with the Director, Real Estate to oversee and manage all real estate activities within a specific territory to include lease renewals and ensuring delivery of a minimum of 50 new hospital openings annually.
Plays a foundational role in shaping our strategy through the influential work undertaken in Annual Regional Market Strategy Sessions with top leaders in the field (RVPs, VPVQs, RFMs, P&O Co-Pilots).
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Execute Banfield's real estate strategy from site feasibility through lease signing.
- Identify and secure (by lease agreement) potential development opportunities for the company based on research-directed, national and market-level deployment strategies.
- In partnership with the Director, Real Estate and Commercial Lease Negotiator, evaluate, select, and negotiate terms and lease provisions for prospective new store locations, as well as expansions and relocations.
- Work with developers, landlords and/or real estate brokers on deals.
- Manage commercial brokerage relationships.
- Monitor LOI submissions from brokers, working with Legal and Commercial teams on lease negotiations and executions, to ensure the company has solid lease agreements to meet opening plan and renewal schedule while maximizing ROI.
- Manage lease renewals and options in accordance with schedule at least 12 months in advance of critical dates.
- Partner with Construction department on lease negotiations/landlord work letter and timing.
- Manage monthly Real Estate Committee agenda, overseeing the preparation of all presentation material and committee notes and reviewing for accuracy to ensure we present the most complete information to the SLT/CARE Committee.
- Administer all leases in territory to ensure all relevant dates are monitored and communicated.
- Partner cross-functionally with construction, new hospital openings, and operations teams to develop and manage an accurate hospital openings schedule and forecast.
- Engage, manage, and evaluate the work of external real estate broker network.
- Take charge for preparation and delivery of materials for annual Regional Market Strategy Sessions and the related development of our strategic roadmap of delivery for the next 2-3 years.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- This role requires 50% travel.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate or Urban Planning is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Six years of experience working in Real Estate for a large retail company or shopping center development are required, with similar years of experience in Real Estate leadership focusing on team management and motivation preferred.
- Retail Real Estate experience, personally closing on 50+ leases, is required.
- Experience in market/area studies, site location analysis and an understanding of development/redevelopment potential is required.
- Experience focusing on leasing space in strips centers is required.
- Functional understanding of the commercial broker relationship is required.
- Prior experience dealing in geographically diverse areas in North America is preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website