Primary City/State:Greeley, Colorado
Job Category:Clinical Care
Primary Location Salary Range:$25.37/hr - $42.28/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
We are looking for a Crisis & Intake Therapist to join our Assessment and Referral Team at North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, CO. The successful candidate will have their Master's degree and at least 2 years of clinical experience.
This is a full time, day shift opportunity. Some varied hours may apply. Enjoy a flat rate $2/hour weekend shift differential and an $4/hr-night shift differential when applicable.
This position assesses and coordinates behavioral health care to ensure the most appropriate level of care in accordance with all state and federal regulations as well as company policies and procedures. This position provides crisis assessment and support to patients and family members who are experiencing serious psychological or psychoactive substance abuse disorders. This position communicates effectively with multidisciplinary teams within organization and outside agencies.
1. Performs emergent/non-emergent behavioral health assessment of mental health and psychoactive substance abuse patients. Makes recommendations regarding patient's level of care needs and resources. Coordinates inpatient and outpatient admissions or alternate level of care facilities. Provides crisis stabilization therapy or intervention therapy skills during critically changing behavioral situations. Coordination with the patient's family, attending physician, or other hospitals and agencies may be required.
2. Conducts assessments in collaboration with other healthcare professionals as necessary to develop clinically safe patient dispositions according to state regulations.
3. Documents complete, accurate and timely in the medical record. Depending on assignment, incumbents with a current RN License may take Doctor's orders.
4. Conducts initial utilization review by obtaining treatment authorizations as appropriate with representatives of managed care or other necessary agencies/individuals. Documents accurately and coordinates with patient financial services and payers regarding treatment authorized.
5. Identifies the full spectrum of mental health disorders as listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) and is knowledgeable of all state and federal protocols that pertain to the treatment/transfer of psychiatric patients.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Responds within hospital bylaws to requests for assessment and consultations within organization. Provides emergency interventions and makes disposition recommendations to medical staff.
8. May be accountable for external patient placement, advocacy assistance and support to patients and families. Collaborates with all memebers of the healthcare team to develop, manage and communicate discharge plans.
9. This position is responsible for behavioral health assessments within organization. Internal customers: all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. External customers: physicians, payers, community agencies, provider networks and regulatory agencies.
Must possess a strong knowledge of counseling, psychotherapy or clinical social work as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree or other health care related field.
Requires BLS (BLS is not required for employees working in Telehealth Behavioral Health Services).
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years clinical experience. As required by state law, a licensure or acquired licensure within 6 months of assuming position in at least one of the following categories: social work, professional counseling or marriage and family (certification requires two years post graduate experience in a mental health setting or equivalent combination of education and documented supervised clinical experience). Requires extensive knowledge in the areas of psychotherapy, counseling or clinical social work. Must have a working knowledge of hospital operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources. Excellent organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Crisis & Intake Therapist in the specialty area.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website