As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service WR
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
- Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
- Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
- Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etcetera, located in all assigned areas of the facility.
- Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
- May perform special projects such as: windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
- Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by phone and verbally. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers.Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website