Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Pre-Liver Trans-Hosp
Job Category:Clinical Care
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As a Licensed Social Worker, LMSW or LCSW, working with the transplant team in Phoenix, you will have an opportunity to support our Liver Transplant program. You will be able to participate in community outreach programs, quality and process improvement initiatives, development of patient and family educational materials, as well as, opportunities for continued learning and professional growth and development. You will enjoy a set schedule of Monday-Friday, no weekends!University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position is a member of the transplant team and has responsibility for coordinating the comprehensive psychosocial needs of transplant recipients, living donors and families across the transplant continuum. These efforts include psychosocial evaluations with counseling, referral, monitoring, and crisis intervention. Providing on-going follow-up and support; serving as an advocate with identification and referral to community services to pre-transplant patients, post-transplant recipients, living donors and families. Maintaining knowledge of available community resources and services. Working collaboratively with the financial counselor, inpatient social work services and other transplant multi-disciplinary team members in clinical settings, patient conferences and program meetings. The provision of these services in the United States is mandated by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for Medicare-approved transplant centers.
1. Develops, maintains and completes psychosocial evaluations of transplant candidate recipients and potential living donors making certain to address and document all required elements per OPTN policy.
2. Provides support and follow-up to recommendations with identification and resolution to barriers contributing to access, adherence and financial issues.
3. Works collaboratively with the financial counselor when health benefit gaps are identified by facilitating identification and pursuit of health benefits supplemental programs for medication coverage and assistance with out-of-pocket expenses.
4. Contributes to patient treatment plans and committee discussions to facilitate patient listing and on-going compliance to maintain listed status; offering solutions with facilitation, follow-up and monitoring for psychosocial plans.
5. Maintains effective working and collaborative relationships with inpatient psychosocial resources, other inpatient clinical services and available community resources and services to facilitate development and implementation of discharge plans.
6. Attends and participates in daily inpatient Transplant Multidisciplinary team rounds, weekly transplant outpatient rounds, patient pre-transplant Selection Committee meetings, and Transplant Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) meetings.
7. Documents all interventions in the patient medical record both timely and accurately.
8. Maintains knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other program benefits to assist patients with discharge planning and on-going management.
9. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Positions are facility based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Home health agencies, nursing homes, insurance providers, volunteer services, county and governmental agencies and medical supply companies.
Requires a Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field.
Requires a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) (equivalent*) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). An equivalent license applies to states that do not recognize an LMSW; therefore, the employee must possess a Master's Degree and be a Licensed Social Worker. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3 years acute care hospital experience. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Social Worker MSW in the specialty area. Must have knowledge of government/community resources such as Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care or any other applicable resources/services. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, human relations skills and time management skills. In acute care, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Apply on company website