Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Job Category:Administrative Services
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you!
At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
As a Medical Scribe in this role, you will play a vital role in supporting our providers within the BUMG Neurosurgery Cli. The scribe records medical details, gathers data, and coordinates tests/orders. Maintains patients' health information in medical records and charts by assisting medical providers and physicians. Transcribes patient history and physical examination and records details of the exam, including pertinent positive and negative noted abnormalities and patients' general condition in the medical record system. Excellent typing skills to enter/dictate data into the EMR system is needed.
Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pmUniversity Medical Center Phoenix PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position records medical details, gathers data, and coordinates tests, orders and results as necessary to ensure an accurate and complete medical record. Assembles and maintains patients' health information in medical records and charts by assisting medical providers and physicians. No medical decision making is performed.
1. Accompanies provider during patient examination.
2. Accurately and thoroughly documents pertinent patient information as instructed by the provider. Records details of chief complaint, history of present illness, review of systems, social history, past medical history, family medical history, allergies, medications, problems and diagnoses, history and physical, and any pertinent positive and negative findings.
3. May propose orders in the EHR based on clinical setting.
4. Documents details of procedures and treatments, laboratory test results, radiology test results and assists with documenting radiographic impressions performed by the provider.
5. Assists with verifying all tests (lab, x ray, EKG, etc.) have been completed and the results have been received, reviewed and recorded in the medical record.
6. Selects patient education leaflets from the EHR as instructed by the provider.
7. Assists in preparing paperwork for patient discharge.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
9. Works under the direction of Physicians or independent licensed practitioner providing documentation assistance. Internal customers include patients, facility personnel, medical providers and physicians. External customers may include patient family.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Two years of experience in acute care or multi-specialty clinic using electronic medical record software or maintaining medical records.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Apply on company website