Primary City/State:Sun City, Arizona
Department Name:Fac Opns-AZ West 1-Corp
Job Category:Facilities and Environmental Services
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This position will be need to travel between 2 banner locations, BDWMC 14502 W. Meeker Blvd. SCW and BBWMC 10401 W. Thunderbird Blvd. SC. In this role, you are responsible for painting, dry wall and finishing work such as color development and refinishing and conducting preventative and corrective work to the medical centers painting and aesthetic elements including drywall and wall coverings. Reviews construction and remodeling projects and contracted painting and aesthetic elements for code compliance and compatibility to existing painting and aesthetic elements. May work with and assist other trades in completing required tasks.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for painting, dry wall and finishing work such as color development and refinishing and conducting preventative and corrective work to the medical center's painting and aesthetic elements including drywall and wall coverings. Reviews construction and remodeling projects and contracted painting and aesthetic elements for code compliance and compatibility to existing painting and aesthetic elements. May work with and assist other trades in completing required tasks.
1. Applies paint, varnish, stain, epoxy and other related products with a brush, roller, or spray gun. Applies all painting and aesthetic elements including rough painting, trim painting, wall protection, wall coverings, hand rails, flooring and wall tiling to ensure the integrity and reliability of the facility painting and aesthetic elements. Oversees the painting and aesthetic elements to assure maximum effectiveness and provides all required and appropriate documentation.
2. Inspects and services painting and aesthetic elements and components. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and/or changes required to keep the facility in a safe and well maintained condition and complies with established facility standards.
3. Participates with other divisions and departments to meet the facility painting and aesthetic elements needs. Negotiates priorities, plans work schedules and job assignments. Recommends, oversees and monitors the use of outside painting and aesthetic elements specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
4. As assigned, coordinates and schedules the painting and aesthetic elements maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facility. As assigned, oversees and monitors painting, construction and installation activities. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned painting and aesthetic elements and systems.
5. Coordinates painting components, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains painting replacement schedules and records. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager.
6. Instructs personnel regarding painting hazards to ensure the safe operation and use of materials and equipment. As assigned, provides guidance, direction and oversight for painting training.
7. Oversees and maintains records for facility compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facility painting systems. As required, attends annual code compliance training and performs other assigned duties.
8. Works independently under general supervision. Fulfills responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires experience equivalent to a journeymen level and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills of painting, aesthetic elements and related fields. Must have working knowledge of painting components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with painting, aesthetic elements and equipment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding required maintenance and construction documents. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and local building codes. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
Journeyman's license of offered by the state. Previous construction experience is preferred. 3-5 years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website