As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for maintaining order in the radiology reading room in order to facilitate the timely and efficient review and report dictation by the radiologist. Continually prioritizes the radiologist's workload making sure that emergency exams take precedence and ensuring that the radiologist has minimal disruptions in order to continually read films. Responds to pages, phone calls and keeps disruptions to a minimum. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient information and ensures that company policies and procedures are continually adhered to.
- Ensures that all current and previous studies are loaded and linked for electronic reading including the digitizing and loading of outside films onto the radiologist's workstation.
- Ensures radiologist has all paperwork needed for each exam, including previous reports, history sheets, temp reports, contrast forms and worksheets. Appropriately prioritizes exams for radiologist.
- Reviews exam and history forms for thoroughness and accuracy prior to presentation to the radiologist in order to not impede case flow.
- Process/follow-up on paperwork after dictation by radiologist. Facilitate physician contact when discussion of critical values is required by radiologist. Fax reports as requested.
- Monitors physician report queues, adjusts radiologist's workload as necessary, and assist radiologist in signing reports in a timely manner. Hand out plain films for reading as required.
- Utilizes and maintains efficiency on several computer applications as needed in order to assist the radiologist in attaining optimal daily workflow.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology and human anatomy required. Proficiency in keyboarding and computer, multi-line phone system skills required.
One (1) year previous experience in a hospital or Radiology environment, or equivalent experience preferred.The ability to distinguish between various types of medical imaging exams and previous PACS experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website