Primary City/State:Tucson, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Tucson is set in a Sonoran Desert valley surrounded by five mountain ranges. Boasting an average 350 sunny days a year and warm dry air, the climate is ideal for year-round outdoor recreation. Tucson offers one-of-a-kind experiences for those interested in outdoor adventure and nature, heritage and culture, arts and attractions, golf and original Southwest-inspired dining.
Join our Prenatal Education Team at Banner University Medical Center-Tucson as a Childbirth Educator. The RN Patient & Family Educator will hold a couple of classes per month (which are currently virtual) that may consist of childbirth preparation and/or baby care generally scheduled in the evenings or on weekends.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions offer flexibility in scheduling and are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
• Competitive wages
• Paid orientation
• Flexible Schedules (select positions)
• Fewer Shifts Cancelled
• Weekly pay
• 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee wellness program
• Discount Entertainment tickets
• Restaurant/Shopping discounts
• Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Registry/Per Diem positions require a minimum of 4 shifts a month commitment. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
This position delivers education and provides individualized direct patient and family education. Works in coordination with staff to select and deliver current patient education materials based on identified needs. Provides community and staff education in their specialty area. Acts as subject matter expert for patients and staff. All activities are effectively designed and implemented using the organization's framework for professional nursing practice and development, and the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Professional Development.
1. Provides care and works collaboratively with patients, family and staff to formulate individualized education in specialty area.
2. Delivers continuing education programs related to their specialty area. Suggests updates to educational materials based on needs assessment, staff and management requests, advances in theory and technology, as well as changes in standards of care.
3. Provides ongoing support for families and staff related to patient-centered care issues.
4. Coordinates and communicates feedback from patients/family to ensure education needs are met. This includes gauging the audience and environment and tailoring the session as appropriate to ensure educational needs are successfully met.
5. Tracks and follows up on the results of education and provides feedback to their supervisor. Suggests opportunities to enhance education based on patient, family or staff feedback.
6. Interacts with management and staff and other healthcare members for the purpose of improving patient education, utilizing effective educational methods and ensuring effective communication. Interacts with patients, family members and outside agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Current RN licensure in state of practice. Current BLS certification. Additional certifications and prerequisite education may be required depending on practice area and job assignment.
Two years of recent clinical experience in practice area. Requires a strong knowledge base in specialty area and skill in verbal and written communication, creative thinking, prioritizing and flexible problem solving. Requires ability to apply adult learning principles.
BSN preferred. One year of adult/patient education experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website