Information Security Engineer Position Summary
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for implementing, managing, monitoring, auditing, and supporting the security controls associated with Bassett's information security program. This position will work closely with IT associates to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of critical information assets. Based at our corporate headquarters in Bassett, VA, this position will have partial work-from-home opportunity with required days per week in the office.
Experience with common security principals, technologies and best practices are necessary for this position, including the following:
- Security Best Practices
- Security Standards and Frameworks
- Encryption Standards and Solutions
- AD and Role-Based Access Control
- Databases and Scripting Languages
- Security-focused Technology Solutions
- Security Laws and Regulations
- Security Awareness Training
- Carry out information security plans, policies, and procedures.
- Assess risks associated with new processes, systems, and applications.
- Monitor security intelligence sources and translate threat intelligence into actionable security.
- Implement, manage, and monitor security-related technology solutions.
- Disseminate awareness education and manage related technologies.
- Participate in incident response, business continuity, and disaster recovery activities.
- Participate in compliance efforts and auditing activities.
- Other information security-related duties as assigned.
- Listens to internal and external customers and provides solutions consummate to their needs.
- Good interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide technical leadership to peers within the IT Department.
- Honest, ethical, accountable, and innovative
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline
- Security+, GIAC Security Essentials, or System Security Certified Practitioner Certification
- 1+ years of InfoSec Experience with 3+ years of IT Experience
- Retail, eCommerce, or Manufacturing industry experience.
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.
Apply on company website