Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under the supervision of a certified teacher.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas educational aide certifcate
Special Knowledge Skills
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of general office equipment
Some experience working with children
Major Responsiblities and Duties
1. Help teacher prepare instructional materials and classroom displays
2. Help maintain neat and orderly classroom
3. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment
4. Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports
5. Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers
6. Assist students with physical disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning
7. Assist students with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene
8. Help manage behavior of students. This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student behavior as needed
9. Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student's special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs
10. Work with individual students or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher
11. Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground / general meeting area duty
12. Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
13. Maintain confidentiality
14. Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance
15. Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned
16. Follow district policies and procedures pertaining to the job assignment.
Mental Demands/ Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting.
Apply on company website