JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION Plans and implements specific treatment programs for assigned patients according to the principles and practices of speech therapy. Examines, tests and administers treatments for patients with speech disorders. Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech disorders. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team. Job is performed appropriately for the age population served as defined in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
- Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
- Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
- Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
- Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention to the environment of care.
- Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
- Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
- Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
- Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
- Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
- Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
- Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
- Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
- Effectively manages time and resources
- Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
- Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
- Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
- Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
- Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
- Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Completes patient assessments and treatments.
- Assesses patient, plans and implements treatment, periodically evaluates patient's progress toward goals and documents patient related assessments and treatments.
- Plans and implements treatment programs based on evaluation results, discharge goals, and interdisciplinary team patient goals.
- Provides patient and family teaching, including specific exercise and motor learning to improve strength, endurance, coordination, self-care training, and sensory stimulation. Provides home programs.
- Adapts environment to facilitate patient's progress.
- Documents Care Provided
- Documents patient records, billing procedures, and productivity management, as required, adhering to department documentation standards in patient care.
- Promotes Team Approach
- Works cooperatively with team members to assure a comprehensive interdisciplinary patient program and discharge goals, participating in interdisciplinary team conferences, patient planning, patient related conferences and meetings for patients.
- Assesses and implements discharge planning activities and makes appropriate recommendations regarding discharge needs, including home evaluations and equipment orders when necessary.
- Works with outside vendors to order patient specific equipment when funding has been verified.
- Provides staff training to promote patient progress re: equipment, transfers, mobility, etc.
- Promotes education and participates in department tasks.
- Attends continuing education for licensure requirements and keeps abreast of current/new treatment approaches and/or equipment.
- Attends mandatory meetings, functions in multiple clinical areas and works at multiple location sites as needed.
- Participates in department management tasks; supervises and/or provides in-services and training for licensed assistants, rehab tech, students, hospital staff, and volunteers.
- Offers suggestions for process improvement; recommends to the supervisor/manager equipment and/or supplies that may enhance Rehab Program.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Completes assigned projects by due date.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Louisiana State licensure required.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or public health records, medical records related to quality/data, patient financial information and/or 3rd party billing, patient-related complaints, and research information.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, administers/receives orders or products, validates, transports, monitors and observes patients for procedures, and monitors clinical alarms.
Apply on company website