The purpose of this position is to perform the primary functions of a nurse in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, prioritize and provide proficient, age-specific and developmentally/specialty appropriate nursing care by applying advanced specialty clinical nursing knowledge and skills and for ensuring the comfort and safety of patients/families
- Follow physician's orders in the delivery of nursing care
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Adhere to required infection control, isolation procedures and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures
- Assemble equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; perform or assist others with procedures or treatments
- Handle care in accordance with legal, hospital/facility, departmental policies and procedures, and established standards of nursing care and practice, as defined by the Board of Nursing for that State.
- Ability to recognize critical findings and timely communicate changes in the patient's condition to the appropriate patient care providers.
- Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Can interpret reports, data, observations/assessments, and medical information to determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates advanced patient monitoring and assessment skills including, but not limited to:
- Arterial Blood Gases: Collection & Analysis
- BiPAP Management
- Cardiac Monitoring: 12-Lead EKG
- Cardiac Monitoring: Bedside Cardiac Monitor
- Cardiac Monitoring: Arrhythmia Interpretation
- Preparing, Mixing, and Administering Medications
- Titrating medication according to patient condition, provider's orders, and/or organization protocol
Other Job Functions
- Perform all Quality Assessment activities as assigned and document
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- BSN, strongly preferred; Minimum of ADN or Nursing Diploma required
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse without sanctions, required
- 2 years progressive experience working as an RN in a high acuity Medical Intensive Care Unit required or 2+ years RN experience in other critical care or step-down unit in lieu of MICU experience
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross, required; PALS strongly preferred (ENPC certification from ENA may be substituted for PALS certification)
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication
SIGN-ON BONUS(New employees only): $10,000
SHIFT: Day Shift (7am-7pm)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
FACILITY TYPE: 16 bed Small-Format Hospital (8 ER, 8 Inpatient)
JOB PERKS: Free CEU's!
Emerus is the nation's first and largest operator of small-format hospitals, also known as community or neighborhood hospitals. Emerus' leading national health system partners include Allegheny Health Network, Ascension, Baptist Health System, Baylor, Scott & White Health, Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican, The Hospitals of Providence, INTEGRIS and MultiCare. Our state-of-the-art hospitals are fully accredited and provide highly individualized care. From the moment a patient walks through the door, a team of exceptional medical professionals takes charge, treating patients with speed, compassion and expertise. Emerus' distinctive level of care earned the Guardian of Excellence Award for Superior Patient Experience in six of the past seven years. More information is available at www.emerus.com.
Apply on company website