Position responsible for performing advanced indirect and selected direct patient care duties in support of the nursing process in a competent manner under the direction of an RN and for performing related clerical functions, must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to the patient served
- Delivers appropriate advanced indirect and selected direct patient care at a competent level as directed by a physician or registered nurse within the scope of hospital-approved PCA skills inventory according to the needs/age of the patient/population served; collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to plan, expedite and promote quality patient care; employs critical thinking skills when identifying and responding to abnormal findings, reporting such to the nurse immediately; maintains simple drainage devices; takes patient vital signs, perform blood glucose checks, perform EKGs, monitor intake and output, and maintain related records; perform skin preps and prepares patient for procedures as directed
- Answers call bells, prepares patients for meals, prepares meals and feeds patients; performs/assists with baths; assists patient in mobility; transports patients within the facility and performs assigned treatments, as directed; maintains equipment and patient rooms in orderly fashion; performs housekeeping duties for patient rooms, performs assigned data entry via computer; serves as Unit Clerk and/or monitors patients as assigned
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies/procedures/standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, and accuracy of practice
Other Job Functions
- Promotes individual professional growth/development by meeting requirements for mandatory all-staff meetings/continuing education/skills competency; supports department goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor/mentor/resource to less experienced staff
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Certified Nursing Assistant, preferred
- Current BLS certification, required
- 2 years of work experience in an acute care hospital as a Nursing Assistant or currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program
- Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with increased responsibilities.
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting
- Basic knowledge and understanding of PPE protocols and universal precautions
- Position requires fluency in English; written and verbal communication
Emerus is the nation's first and largest operator of small-format hospitals, also known as community or neighborhood hospitals. Emerus' leading national health system partners include Allegheny Health Network, Ascension, Baptist Health System, Baylor, Scott & White Health, Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican, The Hospitals of Providence, INTEGRIS and MultiCare. Our state-of-the-art hospitals are fully accredited and provide highly individualized care. From the moment a patient walks through the door, a team of exceptional medical professionals takes charge, treating patients with speed, compassion and expertise. Emerus' distinctive level of care earned the Guardian of Excellence Award for Superior Patient Experience in six of the past seven years. More information is available at www.emerus.com.
Apply on company website