Baystate Health, western Massachusetts premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School - Baystate Health, is seeking a Fellowship Director in Palliative care. We are the only academic palliative care program with a fellowship in western Massachusetts.
Candidates will have to have been board-certified in Palliative Care for at least 3 years to apply. The ideal candidate will qualify at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor at UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate.
In addition, experience/expertise in academic education, ACGME regulations, and curriculum development for a wide variety of learners is desirable.
- Join our highly collaborative team of 4 palliative care physicians, 5 advanced practitioners, one social worker, and a strong support staff.
- This system-wide position will play an active role in the Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care across four hospitals and multiple primary care practices, facilitating growth and development of centers of excellence for the communities we serve in western Massachusetts.
- Baystate Health has the only academic palliative care program in western Massachusetts. We will recruit our first fellows class upon your onboarding. As a benchmark, the Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care typically train two fellows in Geriatrics fellowship on a yearly basis.
- In addition to fellows, you will have the opportunity to teach residents, medical students, and other learners.
- Our Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care includes a home-based palliative care program, specialty-clinic based palliative care, a hospice service (both home and GIP locations), and a robust inpatient consult service.
- We are members of the Palliative Care Quality Collaborative (PCQC) program at a Premier level.
Qualifications: ABIM BC in palliative care. 3+ years experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department. Demonstrable record of collaboration, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enthusiasm for medical education and mentoring faculty and ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
For more information, please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Stephen Bonasera, MD, Chief, Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care
c/o Lindsay Waters, Senior Physician & APC Recruiter
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website