Do you want to be part of a great team and offer first class service to our Business Travel customers?
Senior Business Travel Consultant,
Fulltime, can be (home)based in US
In this role you are the primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related product.
You must be able to work nights and weekends and an 8-10 hours shift. You are responsible for accurately and efficiently handling top level Executive incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.).
This position performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry. Works independently on requests. Takes the initiative to provide assistance to team members and management as requested.
We're BCD Travel, one of the world's leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don't just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Expertly use the appropriate BCD Travel tools and systems to complete requests
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Strong understanding of a client travel policy and can appropriately guide and consistently provide consultation to the customer
- Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
- Responds to requests accurately and completely
- Excellent knowledge and application of travel supplier rules
- Maintains, actively communicates and seeks expansion of current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides the customer with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and penalties
- Appropriately responds and resolves customers inquiries
- Anticipates and provides assistance on potential challenges that may arise for the customer
- Performs follow-up as needed and within the time frame promised to the customer
- The ability to solve problems on the spot using various tools and expert communication skills
- The person must be able to own problems throughout the lifecycle of issue and be available to respond as necessary
- The ability to design, execute and document solutions outside of the normal processes
- The ability to make independent decisions under stressful situations
- The individual must be able to work with other department to resolve issues even during off hours
- The ability to work with 3rd party vendors and negotiate solutions on behalf of the traveler
How can you set yourself apart
- Minimum of 5 plus years' experience in the corporate travel management industry
- Great knowledge in GDS system Apollo
- An extensive understanding of the travel industry
- Strong international skills
- Ticketing/exchange experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving and/or critical-thinking skills
- Ability to work in an environment that requires complete confidentiality
- Exercised discretion and judgment
- Makes independent decisions under stressful situations
- Accurately and efficiently handled top-level executives' incoming requests via multiple channels (voice and email)
- Anticipated and provided assistance on potential challenges that could arise for the customer
- Responded to and resolved customers inquiries, including appropriately displaying empathy and acknowledging statements to diffuse emotion during adversity
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via email@example.com. Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
*Note: We'll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.
Apply on company website