ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, pluralism is promoted in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building a pluralistic and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
The Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) encompasses both Instructional and Professional/Technical degree and certificate options crossing multiple program areas. IBIT serves a diverse student population which has wide-ranging interests focusing on academic preparation to career progression, and encompassing high-school students to adult learners with a wide range of student abilities from at-risk to advanced, along with sometimes shortened cycles of impact due to completion of certificates or the securing of employment during the program. This places additional demands and pressures on faculty in Professional/Technical programs while also adding significant value to students by way of opportunity creation in challenging economic times.
ADJUNCT FACULTY BASE RATE COMPENSATION TABLE: CATEGORY-A:Courses of a clinical nature and non-instructional assignments such as developmental lab teaching assistants $30.77 per contact hour
CATEGORY-B:Counseling and Library assignments and courses with little or no formal evaluation of the student $43.81 per contact hour
CATEGORY-C:College credit courses and required high school completion courses$12,504.78 per FTEF POSITION DUTIES
Bellevue College maintains a pool of qualified applicants interested in temporary teaching positions on a part-time basis. Positions may become available at any time and are typically filled on a quarterly basis, with no expectation of continued employment beyond the current appointment.
The IBIT Division at Bellevue College is accepting applications for qualified, part-time instructors to teach 5 - 10 credits of Data Analytics courses. Classes are expected to occur during the evening and/or online.
This individual is responsible for teaching courses that may include, but not limited to Introduction to Analytics, Data Acquisition & Management, Multivariate Analytics, and Predictive Analytics.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited university in Applied Math, Applied Statistics, Computer Science, IT or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Substantial, recent full-time experience in the industry utilizing DA technologies and/or teaching experience in Data Analytics.
- Demonstrate ability to work with diverse group
- Experience applying analytical methods to real-world problems, preferably with business application, using both big and small data constructs.
- Strong foundational knowledge (both theoretical and applied) of computational statistics and statistical/non-statistical modeling, including but not limited to generalized linear modeling, survival analysis, variable reduction techniques (PCA/SVD), machine learning, and time series modeling
- Broad exposure to the various topical areas constituting the field of data analytics, including but not limited to applied statistics, data mining, optimization, simulation, web analytics, marketing analytics, data visualization, and data management
- Proficiency with data analysis tools and platforms such as SAS, R, Python, and SQL
- Demonstrate understanding of and active interest in current trends and approaches in Data Analytics
- Demonstrate commitment to working with students from diverse and colleagues from diverse backgrounds and academic readiness
If interested, please send resume, and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications stated above, to Shanon Reedy (Program Manager Data Analytics) at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, (A254)
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Apply on company website