DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now! Experience a higher standard of care at Blake Medical Center located in Bradenton, Florida just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches. Our 383-bed acute care facility has been named a nine-time “100 Top Hospital” and a “100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital” by Thompson Reuters, formerly known as Solucient. Blake Medical Center has recently been designated a provisional Level II Trauma Center. With a strong commitment to quality care, advanced technology and professional development we make sure our employees are well cared for too.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Transporter is responsible for greeting and transporting patients to and from all major ancillary departments using proper safety techniques and mode of transportation. On occasion, assists other hospital personnel in moving deceased patients to the morgue. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas as requested.
- Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Greet and offer assistance to customers throughout the hospital.
- Collect and deliver specimens, orders, requisitions and equipment to appropriate destinations.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of related experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- enrolled in healthcare courses preferred
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association is required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website