PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist with the planning and executing of social, recreational and educational programs for the residents in accordance with Birchaven Village policy and procedure, Birchaven Village ethics statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook, and as directed by the Unit Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; and some experience in working in a long-term care facility.
- Able to communicate with residents and encourage them to participate in activity programs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to undertake a variety of changing projects as required by many different residents.
- Possess imaginative and creative ability plus sincere desire to work with the aged and infirm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or push wheelchairs occupied by residents.
Apply on company website