PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Certified para-professional worker specifically trained to give personal care and assist in the care of assigned patients under the guidance and supervision of the registered nurse or therapist. Committed to the mission, values, and goals of Bridge.
- Current STNA registry in the State of Ohio required.
- One year of experience as an STNA.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and the standards and regulations governing it.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and proceduresThis position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
High school diploma is preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
Apply on company website