PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Coordinates all office activities associated with assigned department in accordance with established standards of operations.
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
- Duty 1: Promotes service-oriented philosophy in all interactions with the patients, families, associates/staff, Medical professionals, visitors and general public. Directs support staff in daily activities, maintenance and monitoring of supplies, instruments and equipment utilized within the department.
Duty 2: Encourages communication and professional service to all customers, responds to associate problems, complaints, and suggestions in a responsive and professional manner. Reports all incidents to department supervisor/manager for further review.
- Duty 3: Maintains the integrity of the patient registration process; assured that accurate information is collected and appropriate forms are completed. Maintains/oversees patient records and record systems to provide timely and accurate reporting. This includes but not limited to processing/overseeing incoming, outgoing faxes, mail (internal and external) and all correspondence. Make supervisor aware of non-compliance.
- Duty 4: Monitors and maintains provider's schedule to maximize appropriate volume and acuity mix, verifies provider's days off.
- Duty 5: Process/oversee all charges making sure all charges are accurately entered in the computer system.
- Duty 6: Demonstrates/oversees effective written/verbal skills and communicates in a professional and responsive manner to deliver quality patient care. Answer/make sure all incoming phone calls are answered according to office policy. If this is not being done report to supervisor.
Duty 7: Obtain all necessary patient information and signatures in compliance with HIPAA.
- Duty 8: Responsible for maintaining daily operations in assigned department(s) through on-site management and participation, managing daily assignments of the staff assuring that patient and physician needs are met. Process all daily financial and informational reports.
- Duty 9: Process/oversee all clerical duties of front office. Directs support staff in daily activities, maintenance and monitoring of supplies, instruments and equipment utilized within the department. Assures that the physical plan and all supplies are available to provide excellent patient care.
- Duty 10: Calculate/oversee the sliding fee scale, offer financial options to patients, setting payment plans and collection of co-pays and outstanding balances.
- Professional telephone, organizational and people skills required
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- This position may not be inclusive to the BVMP Practice that you are assigned at the time of hire, which may require you to work at another BVMP Practice, as needed.
- EMR experience preferred
- Computer skills preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk to up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual mast have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business and community involvement.
This position is classified “at-risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HIB, HIV, etc.)
Apply on company website