PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Central Scheduler role is to complete the scheduling process for tests and procedures performed at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center for its customers and departments. Receives scheduling information, reviews medical necessity, schedules, pre-registers, and provides patient education relative to the scheduled tests. Works well with each department to ensure seamless, informed customer service.
Duty 1: Schedules a variety of patients for requested services with exceptional accuracy.
Duty 2: Completes the scheduling process efficiently via phone orders, faxed orders, and Patient Portal and other wait lists.
Duty 3: Completes Medical Necessity review for all Medicare patients ensuring that an ABN is printed or needed DX obtained.
Duty 4: Educates all customers (office staff/patients) on the preparation for upcoming testing.
Duty 5: Assists with patient screenings for assistance programs and provides information related to the Insurance Marketplace. Schedules Navigator appointments as requested.
Duty 6: Scrubs all orders for completeness and accuracy and scans to the appropriate category in document imaging system.
Duty 7: Practices effective phone communication w/ customers (i.e. uses customer name, listening to needs and keeping a positive tone of voice. Has a strong focus and commitment to Service Excellence and Patient Satisfaction.
Duty 8: Actively adheres to all policy/procedures of department and Organization. Is an active participant in Departmental meeting and engaged in process improvement initiatives.
Duty 9: Actively informs Department Supervisor/Manager of inconsistencies that exist in the scheduling module of Meditech
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to work at the computer for long periods. Skilled in key board skills. Ability to use the telephone to respond to customers, and the ability to use the computer and telephone simultaneously.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- Minimum of two years medical office or hospital experience.
- Associates degree in Healthcare related field.
- Knowledge of CPT Coding, ICD 9 Codes, and Medicare Reimbursement Issues.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling, and twisting. This position requires an individual to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and push patients in wheelchairs (100-350 lbs). The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination to operate various office machines. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
Apply on company website