PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the help desk, installing, configuring, testing, and repairing user PC equipment and software problems. This position will also serve as the team lead and provide first and second level PC support for the hospital and its related clinics. This position will also document all calls including a description of the problem, a resolution tier, priority, any other pertinent details and escalate to the proper group for resolution.
Duty 1: Maintain and update documentation and knowledge base articles for job duties and responsibilities
Duty 2: Interface with end users to resolve problems, determine best methods of solving issues, troubleshoot problems, etc.
Duty 3: Prepare for and participate in meetings with supervisors and other to provide status updates, describe upcoming requirements, outline areas of deficiencies, etc.
Duty 4: Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies to the organization. Including but not limited to participating in technology forums and industry user-groups
Duty 5: Utilizes change management process for all system changes
Duty 6: Communicate to management on status of problems and recommend improvements to systems
Duty 7: Document, maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software systems
Duty 8: Maintain assets in asset management applications.
Duty 9: Manage pc images, patching, and application rollout processes
Duty 10: Participate in performing and leading technology build, test, and deployment activities.
Duty 11: Resolve all Tier 1 problems which are defined as those problems resolvable within 10 minute, or in accordance with defined SLA.
Duty 12: Assign and route all Tier 2 and 3 problems to the most appropriate support group or person.
Duty 13: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the service desk including preparing reports for IT leadership.
Duty 14: Work with the leadership team to determine ongoing strategy and standardization of equipment.
Duty 15: Act as IT lead on construction projects and include others as needed.
- Associate's degree in computer science, technical/vocational training or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of customer support in a technical field
- 3 to 5 years of technical support experience
- Scripting experience utilizing any of these scripting languages - PowerShell, VB Script, Winbatch, Batch
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to be on call
- Well-developed communication, organization, and customer relations skills
- Strong technical skills
- A positive attitude and a professional appearance
- Ability to create and maintain operating system images
- Knowledge of software and operating system deployments utilizing automation, helpful
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Certification
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position is required to lift up to 50lbs.
Apply on company website