PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to monitor all activities throughout BVHS to ensure a safe, secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Duty 1: Enforce policies and regulations; answer disturbance calls and take charge when situations escalate or physical intervention is required; provide information and direction to patients, visitors, staff, and members of the public; and have positive interpersonal skills
- Duty 2: Patrol all areas of the BVH facility including garage, parking lots, and surrounding BVHS property.
- Duty 3: Respond to all crises related incidents throughout institution.
- Duty 4: Complete daily/incident reports for review by Administration and Risk Management in a timely manner. Gather information needed to bring investigations to a close, conduct any follow-up contacts required to complete the investigation, contact police department or have the victim do so if required; complete report and computer entry by end of shift. Perform other duties and/or assignments to meet the needs of the department and organization.
- Duty 5: Monitor secure and non-secure areas: challenge people in areas without access or proper identification.
- Duty 6: React swiftly to emergencies, defend self or others if attacked, deal with disoriented or unruly persons, and work in an environment where blood and body trauma exists. Physically restrain out of control individuals.
- Duty 7: Keep abreast of all BVHS policies and procedures, mandatory education and training programs.
- Duty 8: Enforce BVHS smoking policy.
- Duty 9: Able to operate firefighting and shortwave radio equipment, and administer CPR/1st Aid.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend complicated material
- Demonstrate ability to be analytical and communicate well
- Possesses a positive attitude towards people and enjoys public contact
- Demonstrates ability to influence others by using courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
- Maintains a professional image through positive personal hygiene, grooming and maintaining uniform in good repair.
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays
- The following certifications will be required (and provided by department) within the first 6-12 months of employment: Non-violent crisis intervention certification, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification, defibrillation certification
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screening.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
- 6 months of experience preferred or in a program for associate degree in criminal justice
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in running, walking, lifting, bending, squatting, twisting and climbing stairs. The associate will be required to stand for eight hours a day on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet). Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift. Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks. Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination. Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones. Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat. Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments. . Must respond quickly and calmly to sensitive where individuals may be exhibiting negative or threatening behavior. They must react swiftly to emergencies, be able to defend self or others if attacked, deal with disoriented or unruly persons, and be able to work in an environment where blood and body trauma exists. Able to physically restrain out of control individuals. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The position requires excellent verbal skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Apply on company website