Job Summary:This role is responsible for all activities associated with developing an operational forecast for the enterprise to execute against. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their network and product portfolio incorporating Sales forecast input, business intelligence, Marketing insights and shipment history.
The Demand Planner is the primary integration point into the sales and commercial organization. This position facilitates the Demand Review process each month with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing and Supply Planning. Delivering a timely, accurate and actionable forecast to Operations, Finance and Supply Chain is the responsibility of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Build, develop, and maintain a statistical monthly forecast using SAP IBP for a rolling 18-month period.
- Utilize sales plans, distribution changes, shipment history, competitor activities and marketing plans to routinely update forecasts
- Reports on Forecast Accuracy and does necessary analysis to determine root cause of error to continuously improve Forecast Accuracy & Bias
- Develop & Maintain cross functional partnerships to ensure relevant parties are engaged with the Demand Planning processes. Ensures cross functional inputs are provided in a timely manner with respect to the monthly process.
- Influence and drive alignment with Marketing, Sales Operations, and Finance to develop forecasts for New Items against the Innovation Plan.
- Facilitates both Pre-Demand Review & Demand Review Meetings to drive a consensus with Sales, Marketing, and Finance
- Collaborate with Supply Planning on emerging supply related issues
- Build & maintain relevant demand planning reports to support the Supply Chain Department
- Set Up new Items and oversee item maintenance in SAP IBP
- Works closely with Sales Operations to understand customer performance, promotional activity, distribution changes and discontinued products for incorporation into monthly forecasts
- Collaborates with Marketing, Sales and Finance on the development of Annual (AOP), LE 1 and LE 2 forecasts.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years of related industry experience.
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience.
- APICS or other Forecasting certification preferred
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES)
- Bachelor's degree in Business administration, Finance or Supply Chain. MBA Preferred.
- Sound understanding of concepts and principles in Sales/Marketing and working knowledge of the same in Finance and Supply Chain.
- In depth understanding of how a demand forecast impacts Sales , Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and the Business.
- SAP/IBP experience
- Outstanding organization, communication, presentation, collaboration, relationship building and management skills.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to recognize and develop sustainable solutions while considering long-term and short-term impact of actions when making choices.
- Office environment demands including frequent speaking both in person and over the phone; writing, reading files, reports and PC screen. Prolonged sitting at computer terminal. Regular vision concentration for reading and checking reports, forms and data entry.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and high noise levels in the work environment.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):N/A Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People! Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.
Apply on company website