Job Summary:Under general supervision maintains, repairs and overhauls plant equipment as directed. Uses tools such as MIG, TIG and Stick welders to fabricate sheet metal projects from drawings. Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and safety procedures while performing job duties.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum level of education required
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum number of year(s) of experience required in addition to education plus type(s) of functional experience
- 5 years of plant maintenance mechanic experience; preferably in a food processing facility
Other required type(s) of functional experience (e.g. Production/Operations, Accounting, Forklift Operator, Inventory Control, etc.)
- Skilled in fabricating items using a welder and sheet metal
- Experience interpreting and acting on written and verbal job instructions and reports, technical manuals and data.
- Knowledge of general maintenance activities and procedures
- Experience operating company vehicles and equipment such as (e.g. forklift, man-lift, crane, etc.)
- Must demonstrate the mechanical and relationship skills necessary to work on sophisticated production equipment. Requires knowledge of company specific machinery and equipment, and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
- Current welding certificate required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift certification.
- Must have own tools to accurately perform job.
Total minimum number of years of experience required in lieu of degree (if applicable)
Other job requirements (e.g. certifications/licenses, CPG experience, work overtime/weekends, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, specific software experience, etc.)
- Experience working with automation equipment
- Experience determining causes of machine downtime, poor quality or performance
- Experience installing support equipment, machines, hoses, basic wiring, and lubrication
Education:High School/GED (Required)
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):$30.65 Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People! Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.
Apply on company website