Job Summary:Leads an operation's department and team of individuals within that department to drive success in five key focus areas, safety, quality, service, performance and people. Provides direction, goals, development and feedback to direct reports, both department leads and frontline team members resulting in the ability to meet daily production requirements, assignments, safety, equipment operation, and quality control components for the Blue Diamond production facilities. Additionally, works on projects/activities supporting facility goals, operations continuous improvement initiatives, and business unit/manufacturing strategies and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborates with Plant Operations Manager to establish, communicate, and execute measurable production and cultural goals to deliver uncompromised safety, quality, service, and performance objectives in support of Plant Operations.
- Installs measurement systems that provide an ongoing real-time status towards achieving the day-to-day requirements to ensure that service levels are achieved.
- Implements production operations to meet prescribed productivity and quality goals to ensure adherence with production schedules.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and learning to achieve and maintain industry leadership.
- Anticipates problem issues before they arise and takes corrective action.
- Works with departmental manager in the development and implementation of production cost standards, customer and BDG product specifications; acts as a resource in team settings to better understand and meet customer needs.
- Stays abreast of cutting edge technology through external trade shows and benchmarking of similar facilities including professional seminars.
- Coaches the production team towards common objectives.
- Applies sound motivational and correctional techniques, including team member coaching and disciplinary actions and recognitions for good work.
- Manages employee contributions and potential growth so that opportunities for greater contributions can be capitalized.
- Contributes to the development of effective employee training programs, including areas of GMP's and safety awareness.
- Helps drive our “Zero Harm” behavioral based safety program.
- Conducts training and promotes continuous learning of staff resulting in a flexible and agile workforce.
- Recommends and implements systems and/or process controls for efficient operations, quality and productivity through continuous improvement and lean principles by establishing and communicating performance measures and results.
- Assigns specific duties to personnel, conduct investigations or research, write technical, informative or operational reports, work on special projects, attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Reviews reports, papers, and other records prepared by personnel for clarity, completeness, accuracy and conformance with company policies. Route approved reports and records to appropriate personnel.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of production/operations experience or
- 5 years of production/operations experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, specific software experience, etc.)
- Experience functioning as a proactive team player.
- Must possess strong planning skills with ability to analyze trends and determine corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to produce on schedule.
- Act independently in a constructive manner.
- Strongly motivated to improve self. Demonstrated leadership ability through discovering and utilizing people's capabilities, recognizing good work and earning the respect of peers and subordinates.
Education:Bachelors, High School/GED
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):N/A Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People! Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.
Apply on company website