Job Summary:Responsible for operation of various retail packaging machines
- Responsible for set up, operational adjustments to production equipment and monitoring equipment to ensure that quality, quantity standards and production standards are met. Sets controls for weight parameters for computer and check the weigh. Replenishes packaging components and orders materials. Directs and coordinates activities of line personnel.
- Makes routine adjustments to equipment and replaces rolls when necessary. Monitors operation of packaging machines and companion scales. Contributes to team environment leading to continuous improvement.
- Required to collect, measure, graph and spillage, down time and foreign material, production and product information. Conducts analysis and prepares reports of product and product findings.
- Employee must understand requirements and systems used to maintain product quality, production schedules and ordering materials. Must accomplish general clean up and perform some maintenance procedures.
- Must understand Blue Diamond line certification, HACCP process and auditing, Good Manufacturing Practices and safety procedures.
- May be required to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by supervisor.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- 2 year of Machine operating experience.
- Position requires knowledge of machine operation to keep machinery and equipment operating. Must have basic math skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Must be able to work under limited supervision. Received guidelines from supervisor and department lead. Expected to decide what actions to take when handling all but the most unusual task. Must regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment. Must direct and coordinate activities of line personnel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work schedules, policies and procedures, product specifications, instructions and other documents.. Work consists of a wide range of tasks requiring a high level of problem solving skills that result in solutions from several alternatives.
- Must help maintain product quality while meeting output standards. Must be able to interpret and accomplish tasks and directives described in complex technical, administrative, professional and company guidelines. Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to operate forklift and electric powered transporter.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Education:High School/GED (Required)
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):$25.85 Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People! Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.
Apply on company website