Description and Requirements BMC helps customers run and reinvent their businesses in the digital age by tackling their IT management challenges, championing their innovation, and celebrating their success.
Every BMC employee has the potential to have a tremendous impact on customer success—and when customers thrive, we all do.
BMC offers bold and fearless career-seekers like you the opportunity to expand your skills, your network, and your horizons as you work to enable customer growth and innovation every day. You will be surrounded by peers who inspire you, drive you, support you, and make you laugh out loud, in an environment that fosters individuality, respect, and personal ambition.
Associate Pre-sales Consultant
The Software Consultant role will have the exciting opportunity to represent unique enterprise level software solutions for variety of customers.
- Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities.
- Delivers and customizes technical presentations on BMC products. Builds new presentations for use by sales and other software consultants. Explains product capabilities, limitations, and implementation. Can describe technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives.
- Actively participates in sales calls involving complex technical requirements or multiple hardware platforms.
- Identifies and develops innovative solutions to customer requirements. Also is responsible for explaining and researching the technical capabilities of BMC's products versus is our competition. Assist in developing competitive product white papers for use by sales and software consultants.
- Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities requiring complex solutions.
- Works with the sales representative with little supervision to define sales and technical strategies in dealing with the client. Provides feedback on technical efforts of other Software Consultants.
- Writes trial plans for prospective clients. Provides technical support to these clients. Monitors progress of the client in using the product. Keeps the account team informed of the trial status. Identifies and resolves technical and business problems with the trial. Makes recommendations to terminate trials when necessary. Assists less experienced Software Consultants in trial management.
- Provides demonstrations and presentations for BMC Seminars and Tradeshows. Performs necessary equipment set-up and installation.
- Researches, composes, and delivers responses to RFPs. Interacts with clients to clarify requirements. Reviews RFP responses for technical accuracy.
- Generates timely status reports, time usage reports, and expense reports as requested by management.
- Collects business and technical information from clients regarding requirements. Determines whether BMC solutions can technically satisfy these requirements. Confers with the sales representative, technical and sales management on these observations. Works with R&D to define requirements for new products or new product features as required. Reviews decisions regarding technical qualification.
- Designs and builds customized demonstrations of BMC solutions for prospective clients possibly using pre-production and beta software. Presents and delivers these demonstrations to clients. Assists and trains other Software Consultants in developing demonstrations.
- Installs solutions at client sites as part of proof of concept or pilot.
- Is able to use BMC products in a variety of environments. Can describe and explain the capabilities of each BMC product. Can also explain the implementation strategy of each major BMC product as well as future product direction. Provides feedback to Engineering and Marketing as to product direction. Can compare and contrast BMC capabilities versus major competitors
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Substantial experience working in an enterprise-type software consulting, implementation, and training experience a plus.
- Project management experience involving software implementation.
- Professional consulting experience, presentation and character.
- Analyze customer needs and implement solutions through research and troubleshooting and recommending a solution
- Knowledge in Enterprise System Monitoring solutions (BMC ProactiveNet Performance Manager, HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli, CA Unicenter, etc.)
- Knowledge in Data Center Automation Tools (BMC BladeLogic Automation, HP Automation and Orchestration, IBM Tivoli System Automation, CA Infrastructure Management, etc) is a plus
- Knowledge in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practice
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
- < Back to search results
Apply on company website